How to become a Qaiwa Instructor
- Register as an instructor at www.qaiwa.com
- For security check, please verify your phone number: Verify My Number
- After that build and complete your profile at this page: Complete My Profile
- Next, create your lessons (spend enough time creating this) at this page: Create Lessons
- You must share and build your open schedule for teaching: Create Schedule
- Upload a portrait photo. In your profile page, click “Upload a photo” below the circle photo frame.
- Upload a video introduction (3-5 minutes) of yourself at Youtube and then copy the video’s URL. Go back to Edit Profile page and in the “About Me” field click “Embed Media” button. Paste the video URL to the window pop-up, and save.
You can watch some of the videos below on how to do all that.
How to learn at Qaiwa
Using Qaiwa is quite straightforward. It starts with users registering and building their profiles. In order for students to easily find the best instructor for their needs, instructors are expected to complete their profile accurately.
After that, users move to searching for instructors and communicating with each other through our built-in messages or through Skype. Users need to do this step so that they can determine the best fit between them in terms of lesson contents, methodologies, and instructor’s qualifications.
Finally, when the student decides which instructor is the best for his/her needs, the student then proceeds to book lesson(s) by the instructor. After the booking, the instructor must confirm the reservation. Without instructor’s confirmation of the reservation the student could not checkout or pay the lesson(s). With the instructor’s confirmation, the student can then pay for the lesson(s) and “finalize” the booking.
We’ve created simple “How To’s” below to guide you to do all those things. We think we have included all the important things including screenshots of the parts of the website that you need to access.
If you are still confused or don’t know what to do next, you could always easily send us your questions either through live support, through Skype, or through our feedback page. We’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as we can.
1) Click the LOGIN menu at the top right corner of the Qaiwa page.
2) If you are already registered, just enter your username and password on this fields.
3) Click the LOGIN button.
4) If you have not registered before please click the REGISTER button. It will transport you to a page where you can input your basic credentials.
5) If you have social media account such as Facebook or Google+ then can register and login using your credentials for them. Just click the appropriate button and follow the instructions and you’re good to go.
How to view your profile?
For the Profile page explanation please refer to the “Your Profile” image below:
1) As was said above you can access a lot of Qaiwa’s settings can be accessed by clicking the Profile menu.
2) Please upload a photo of yourself using this button. Only instructors with profile photo can be featured at Qaiwa.
3) You could find your address below your name. This address can be edited (more on this later).
4) This are the instructor badges. Students will know about the instructor and their general capabilities by quickly checking these badges.
5) Instructors are advised to write a short introduction about themselves here. Write anything about yourself, something that will make students have a positive image of you.
6) This set of controls are available for both instructors and students. We will talk about what all these means later.
7) These controls are exclusively for instructors since they need to create lessons and schedules, add additional photos, and check their messages and reservations and invoice from Qaiwa. We’ll also talk about this in more details later.
6) and 7) For users using their mobile phones you can access 6 and 7 by clicking the three line symbol near the top left corner of your device. When you click the “menu icon”, a vertical menu will slide from the left to let you access 6 and 7. Cool eh?
How to edit your Profile?
1a) Select “Edit Profile” at the left vertical menu.
1b) For mobile device users, having the left vertical menu open will occupy too much room for editing, so you’ll have to click this “X” button to banish the menu and freely edit your profile. After this, everything is the same with desktop version. The only difference is that your mobile devide can only show you a small part of the whole page at once. Check out the desktop image, so you’ll get the overview of the page.
2) Name: write your first and last name in this box.
3) These check boxes are pretty self-explanatory. Check the box if they are true for you.
4) These part includes dropboxes that lets you choose among multiple options. But they are very easy to understand, so you just choose the option that is most appropriate for you.
5) Paypal Email: if you’re an instructor you can only get paid at Qaiwa using Paypal payment medium. Please register at Paypal and write your Paypal email address here so we can send you your earnings. If this is not filled, a warning will be available at your profile page telling you that you have not yet filled your Paypal address.
6) Write your address here. The address need not pinpoint your home address. Just the general location of where you are residing will be enough. However, please make sure that Google map can pinpoint your general location at the map so it will be available to students.
7) Skype: if you want to be available to all registered/verified users at Qaiwa for Skype chat then enter your skype account on this field box.
8) This is where you write anything about yourself. Keep it short and memorable.
9) After you make some changes, be sure to save your changes using this button.
How to verify you phone number?
You need to verify your phone number to use most parts of Qaiwa, like checking instructor profile, sending messages, and creating and booking lessons. We do this to identify the user to a unique number — A better confirmation procedure than email.
1) Click the Phone#Check at the left vertical menu.
2) Phone#Check page will appear and will ask you to enter your mobile phone number. Enter only your country code and phone number without the “0”.
3) Click “SEND” button (the picture shows “RESEND” button because we did this several times already).
4) After sending your number, Qaiwa shows a message telling you that a “Confirmation Code” has been sent to your phone and that it will arrive shortly. Please wait for the confirmation code to arrive.
5) The fifth part is actually a screenshot of a phone receiving a “Confirmation Code” from Qaiwa. You will note this code and enter it at the new box that appears below.
6) You will have to enter the “Confirmation Code” you received from Qaiwa in this box and then click the Phone#Confirmation button beside it.
7) If the code is confirmed successfully, this message will show up to tell you so. You will now be able to use all of Qaiwa’s features.
How to create a lesson?
1) To check, add, or edit lessons please select “Lessons” at the left vertical menu.
2) To add or create a new lesson, click the “ADD LESSON” button. You will be transferred to another page called “Create Lesson.” Please see the second image.
3) Lessons already available will have their overview on this pane.
4) At “Create Lesson” page, you will to fill up information about your lesson. First is Title. Write a descriptive title that would describe your lesson effectively.
5) Second is the language that the lesson is targeting. You will have to choose the language from this dropdown. For languages that are not available please send us a note if you want to have them added.
6) Add the price of your lesson here. The price listed here is based in Japanese Yen (JPY), so please use your currency converter before adding your preferred price for your lessons. You will be paid based on the price listed here converted to your own currency. (Update: we set lesson price floor to ¥200 Japanese Yen).
7) List the length of your lesson in this field. The unit is in minutes, so if you write 30 in this field, it automatically means that the lesson is 30 minutes in length.
8) Add the description of your lesson here. Make it short and direct. Use your imagination and write anything you like about your lesson. You could even add a youtube video of yourself for better advertising effect. After you finished entering all the fields, click the “ADD” button below to add it to your lesson portfolio.
9) If you think you need to edit your available lessons, click the EDIT button below the lesson description. You can also delete your lesson, but be careful with the “DELETE” button as there is no way to bring back the lesson after you confirm the deletion.
How to get a Paypal Email?
1) First, visit Paypal landing page for newcomers.
You can Sign Up directly from there.
2) If you are a visual person. You can check out Paypal’s numerous video tutorials about their services here:
3) Click the LOGIN button.
How to show your open schedule?
This is how you set you schedule correctly:
1) To check, add, or edit your schedule select “Profile” at the header menu.
2) At the left side vertical menu select “Schedules”.
3) If you have not added a schedule yet the page will be blank. To add your open schedule click “Add Schedule” button. This will transfer you to the “Create Schedule” page.
4) In the “Create Schedule” page you choose the type of schedule you are going to set: Specific Date or Weekly Schedule.
“Specific Date” means that once you set this date it is only applicable to the specified date and time.
“Weekly Schedule” is a weekly recurring event, so once you set this it would be perpetual until you change or delete it. More on this in #7.
5) This is the time range selector. Since the schedule is divided into 30minute slots, if you set this from 17:00 to 23:00, it means you can provide lessons for 5pm slot up until 11:00pm slot, for a total of 13 slots.
6) When you finished setting all the fields, you can click “Add” to add the schedule to your open schedule. If you change your mind you can click “Back” and nothing will be saved.
7) Now when you select “Weekly Schedule” the Day setting table appears. Select the day when this specific time schedule applies so that after you add it, the time schedule will be repeated every week perpetually until you change or delete it.
8) You should include a description of that schedule so you wouldn’t forget why and what time settings you set a particular day in a week.
9) When you click “Add” or “Back” it will return you to the “Schedule” page where your newly created schedules are listed. In the following example, two Weekly Schedules and one Specific Date schedule are listed. You could see the resulting open schedule calendar for this page on Slide #6.