Here in Qaiwa, we encourage language learners to have the best learning experience. This would start with having the right frame of mind all the time. To help with this, we give you ten of the most insightful and inspirational quotes written for language learners.
Learning another language can be a daunting task. The thought of learning words other than your own can be overwhelming, which is why most language learners need constant motivation. Check out the following quotes from from influential thought leaders in the subject and see which one would strike a chord with you the most.
1. The greatest obstacle to international understanding is the barrier of language.
– Christopher Dawson
2. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. IF you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
3. Learning a foreign language and the culture that goes with it, is one of the most useful things we can do to broaden the empathy and imaginative sympathy and cultural outlook of children.
– Michael Gove
4. If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. – Albert Einstein
5. Learning another language is like becoming another person. – Haruki Murakami
6. Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
7. Language is like a pocket-size vehicle that can take you to many lovely and interesting places. Imagine what it’d be like if you have many such vehicles in your pocket. – Denver Mishima
8. Language is best taught when it is being used to transmit messages, not when it is explicitly taught for conscious learning. – Stephen D. Krashen
9. We should learn languages because language is the only thing worth knowing even poorly.
– Kató Lomb
10. Learning a new language, just like opening a new window, allows you to see the world with intimacy. – Pearl Zhu
We hope these quotes provide some new ideas when it comes to language learning. More than anything, learning should be a positive life experience. For anyone brave enough to face the challenges, the rewards can sometimes be more than education — it is the love for learning itself.